If you like authentic Italian style crispy crust you will love this method of making pizza.
- My flatbread recipe or Store bought dough
- Olive oil
- Spread of choice (alfredo, Marinara, pesto, etc…) you can bey your spread or make it your self. I will give you a few recipes below.
- Toppings of choice (chicken, sausage, bacon, spinach, roasted garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, basil, etc…)
- Cheese of choice (fresh mozzarella, cheddar, parm, asiago, italian blend, etc…)
Start up your gill on high heat and as soon as the grill is hot turn it down to the lowest heat possible on your grill. Keep the grill at low heat for the remainder of the cooking.
Cut your dough into individual size rolls and roll out. I like my dough to be about 1/8 inch thickness but you can roll out to your desired thickness.
Brush one side of the dough with olive oil and place the oil side on the grill. Have all your ingredients ready cause this goes fast.
Once the bottom of the crust is browned flip and that is when you start adding everything. (spread, toppings, and cheese)
close the lid and once the cheese is melted and the bottom of the crust is brown and crispy then your are ready to eat!!!!!
Have fun using different ingredients and enjoy!!!
Quick no cook Alfredo
- 2/3 C Sour cream
- 1/3 C Cream Cheese
- 1/3 Parmesan
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 t Nutmeg
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch pepper
- Salt to taste
Blend all ingredients in a food processor, magic bullet or any other type of blender.
- 12 oz Tomato paste
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 t Dried oregano
- 1 t Dried basil
- 1 Pinch red pepper flakes
- Couple pinches of salt ( to taste)
- 1 Pinch of pepper
- 1/4 C Olive oil
Blend all together in a food processor, magic bullet, or any other type of blender.
- 1/3 C Hazelnuts
- 2-3 dried figs
- 2 t Dried Oregano
- 1/3 C Basil
- 1/4 t Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 t Salt
- 1/3 C Parmesan Cheese
- 1 C Olive Oil
Blend all together in a food processor, magic bullet or any other type of blender.